As part of the #share13 event, Brightedge took about 200 digital marketers wine tasting to close out their client event, here are some pics:
For my fellow digital marketers attending Adobe’s Digital Marketing Summit at the Salt Palace in SLC, Utah, here’s a quick and dirty list of great places to eat and drink your way around Downtown SLC – straight from a local search marketer. Yes, you could use Urbanspoon ($$$$ – $$$) ($$) & Yelp – and they are mostly reliable, but there’s always a few snoozers mixed in there too.
Epic Brewing – Utah’s finest microbrewery
Sure it’s true that SLC & Utah in general get a bad rap for our weird liquor laws, but when you live here, you learn it’s really not that big of a deal, and the reality is – you can get very good wine here (at good prices b/c the restaurants CAN’T mark them up too greatly) – and we also have a number of local microbreweries, the leading one being EPIC Brewing, which makes higher alcohol percentage beers (many upwards of 9-11%) in large-format bottles & they even make a killer gluten-free beer, the Glutenator!
You can get EpicBrewing beers at many places all over the city, but The Beerhive at 128 Main St is the main place to check out, there’s even a frosted rail built into the bar to keep your #EPIC brews cold while you chill after a long day at Summit.
So I’ll probably leave out a ton of good places, but here’s a summary of my most frequent & favorite haunts -
Best Places To Schmooze Partners & Clients
These places are likely to be pretty packed -reservations are usually needed even if there’s not a big event like #AdobeSummit in town – so whip out your OpenTable app & see if you can snag seats at these places:
- The Copper Onion - 111 E Broadway – Owner/Chef from NYC brings creativity & uses local, fresh ingredients. Duck fat is in nearly everything here – incl. “house made Duck fat honey ice cream”
- ZY Restaurant – 268 S. State Street – can’t miss cheese plate selection, freq. changing menu – the blue crab pumpkin puree app I recently had was amazing, as well as an impressively sized lamb shank. The hot cherry pepper martini & pear gin fizz are fun cocktails to start with.
- Takashi Sushi - 18 W Market St – you cannot beat the heat of the TNT ‘s “hotter than hell’ dipping sauce. Sushi rivals SF & Seattle quality.. I personally like it better than Naked Fish, but that is solid in its own right, plus it’s close to the Salt Palace for lunches.
- Martine – 22 E 100 South – great app specials / tapas selection, solid wine list.
- Bambara -202 S Main St in the Hotel Monaco, never disappoints. Cool bar attached to it as well.
- Cafe Molisse – good for biz lunch, since it’s right across from Salt Palace -but also good for a nice Italian dinner.
- Dojo Sushi - 423 W 300 South – another great selection of fresh, creative sushi. Don’t miss the ‘margaritas’ made from our local High West Distillery’s silver whiskey!
- Pago – 878 S 900 E – far engouh from downtown you’ll want a car or cab, but worh it.
Casual Tapas & Small Plates
- Eva - 317 S. Main Street - Mediterranean / American tapas. Communal dining & creative cocktails. Expect a wait, no reservations. Note they also recently opened up a bakery/lunch spot further at 155 S Main street – recommended stop as well!
- Plum Alley - 111 East 300 South – operated by the same owners from Copper Onion. Asian style tapas, amazing. Thai chili cocktail.
- Pallet – Modern American 237 S 400 W - communal dining tables.
- Finca - 1291 S. 1100 East - this place is slightly away from downtown, so you’ll need to take a car or cab there, but so worth it!
- Mazza -Middle eastern, very good – also has two locations away from downtown: 1515 S 1500 E & 912 E 900 S
- Medtrina - 1394 S West Temple
Tasty Lunch Spots
NY slice, giant meatball & mom-mom’s gravy @MaxwellsSLC
Perfect for when you need to get outside the SPCC!
- Siefried’s Deli – 20 W 200 S legit German / Eastern European food! Right by the Salt Palace.
- Robin’s Nest – 311 S Main St – too many good sandwiches to choose from.
- Bruges Waffles and Frites - 336 West Broadway
- Maxwell’s East Coast Eatery – 357 S Main St – real NY slices & Philly cheesesteaks. Sports always on in the bar area, which is worth hanging out at in its own right.
- Caputo’s Market & Deli – 314 W Broadway – real Italian / NY inspired sandwich shop.
Yes, We Do Have Decent Bars & Brew Pubs in SLC!
- The Bayou – Downtown’s biggest beer selection, hands down. Great cajun food/brewpub fare as well.
- Gracie’s Gastropub - casual pubfare, but more of a bar scene.
- Bar X – cool vibe. Part owned by actor Ty Burrell (Modern Family).
- Kristauf’s Martini Bar – next to Takashi at 16 W Market St.
- Beerhive – mentioned above.
- O’Shucks - 22 E 100 South
- Red Door - 57 West 200 South