From envisioning and developing editorial and brand content strategy to hands-on copywriting for organic SEO performance, to email marketing and brand communications for customer engagement, I have published bylines driving hundreds of thousands of views, produced video content, developed print materials & direct mail, crafted compelling TV/Radio ads and executed live event scripts.
Here are just a few of my favorite video pieces & content projects.
Sports & Recreation.
Alliance of American Football launch stories.
Hiring an incredibly talented cinematographer and building a team of intuitive content professionals was one of the highwater marks for me in my career as an editorial director and creative video producer. Working together as a team to ideate, develop and refine content concepts for unscripted mini-documentaries, entertaining lifestyle / entertainment pieces and sponsored videos. Providing candid, collaborative feedback for edits and publishing the resulting products is how everyone’s best work came to life.
(video credit: Brett Calkins)
Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Instagram, Facebook & Twitter – Oversaw social strategy and content creation by team.
- YouTube – Produced team hype videos, sponsored content, influencer series and weekly show “The Mane Event” featuring our lead reporter.
- LinkedIn – Primary content writer for the platform, and created lead generation programs on this platform. Produced account executive videos for sponsorship and ticket sales enablement, generating thousands of views each, and leading to direct revenue:
Email Marketing Copywriting Samples:
- March 28th Home Game (30% open rate)
- March 25th Events & Offers (33.5% open rate)
- March 23rd Watch Party (39% open rate)
- University of Utah Season Ticket holders (68.3% open rate) •
- March 9th Watch Party (51.9% open rate)
Tech & Pop Culture Content.
- 10 Marketing Lessons from NFL Cornerback Richard Sherman (Coverage from Adobe Summit keynote, Reprinted on Richard Sherman’s own brand website)
- 20 Things Social Media Professionals Can’t Ignore in 2016 (Marketing Land)
- CBS Comedy 2 Broke Girls Features Google Glass; Google Says Not Product Placement (Marketing Land)
- Sundance Film Festival: Movies, Marketers Work to Produce Online Buzz(Marketing Land)
- 5 Takeaways from the MarTech Conference (MarTech)
CPG / Wine & Spirits.
Lifestyle & Travel Content.
- Pineapple Cider Brands You Need to Try This Summer (HardCiderReviews.com)
- CasePro: The Only Cider & Wine Luggage You’ll Ever Need (HardCiderReviews.com)
- An Unexpected Destination: Moab, Utah (Alister & Paine)
- Why I am Getting Addicted to Scuba Diving in Hawaii (Go Visit Hawaii)
- A Private Chartered Dive Boat Day in Kauai (Go Visit Hawaii)
- Scuba Diving with Extended Horizons in Maui (Go Visit Hawaii)
- Skiing.About.com / Powder Magazine Writer & Editor from 2000-2003
SEO Copywriting Samples:
Brand Creative Direction & Management